Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meaningful Objects

So everyone has a meaningful object. I have a few. I am not one that collects things really. I don't hold on to a lot of things. I'm the one saying "You don't need to keep that, its just going to sit there or in a box and collect dust." There are some things however that I am not going to let go. My son's keepsake box. It is a box that has a few of his outfits from when he was first born, his first size diaper, and some things from the hospital. My grandpa's train set. Its huge and right now I don't have room for it so it's in a box, and my grandma's Christmas display village that she made. Theses are all things that I hold near and dear and that I never want to let go of.

My son has a blanket that he just won't let go of. It use to be this beautiful shade of baby blue and it had a white trim. It is now a grey color will a ton of little holes in it. He takes it everywhere. He drags it around. He just won't let that thing go.

So what's your meaningful object?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same things - keepsake boxes from when my girls were born. I kept their crib rolls, their IV bracelets, and a bunch of other stuff in there (Roxie, my 2 year old, was in the NICU her first few weeks of life).

    I found your blog through Bloggy Moms and am now following. Hope you'll swing by my blog and do the same! :)

    ~ Kristina
    http://www.kristinawyatt.com/missmommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. New bloggy moms follower. Please join our community. You'll be featured for a week on the main page. www.joyofgivingbirth.ning.com - If it't something you're interested in please join.

    I also have two blogs just browse and again if interested please join.

    www.loveofbooks.net
    www.joyofgivingbirth.com

    ReplyDelete